Friday 18 July 2008

A Major Scoop for Tandleman

After Wigan we needed some soothing, so at Graham's suggestion, we called into the New Oxford in Salford on the way back. The fact that he can walk home from there in five minutes, had nothing to do with it I'm sure.




On walking in I spotted the fizzog of someone I've never seen before, but with whom I am nonetheless familiar. From day one of this blog I've linked to Scoopergen, written by Gazza Prescott. I like what he writes and I agree with much of what he has to say. We have exchanged the odd bit of correspondence and I have thanked him in this blog for my use of his great foreign gen. It was he that I observed, so after getting the ale in - priorities must be observed - I introduced myself. He too had recognised me, so a very pleasant hour and a half was passed swapping stories, exchanging views about the current beer scene and mutual acquaintances.

Gazza is indeed a ticker, but he is a good sort and can laugh at himself and other scoopers and his own compulsive behaviour when it comes to beer. It was great fun and the beer was decent too. I could outline them all, but that'd be falling into the trap of being a bit of a ticker too. Suffice to say beers from Phoenix and Hornbeam didn't disappoint.

Gazza, good lad that he is, wrote his down, but then again, he always does!

I wrote about Scoopers here

3 comments:

Gazza Prescott said...

It was good to meet you too sir!! On our next meeting I promise to spend more time ranting and less time writing beers down...

Anonymous said...

Quite the love-in.

Tandleman said...

It's always good to meet beer men. Or women.